I'm so over winter. I'm tired of waking up in the morning and thinking, "What goes with winter boots?" (Spoiler alert - not a lot). My sweaters need a break, and my Tieks are quietly calling my name from the back of my closet. Oh spring...so close yet so far away.
I hate being cold. Given that I was born in Thompson, Manitoba (land of polar bears and guaranteed snow before Halloween), you'd think I'd have warmer blood but 'tis not the case. Instead, here's how I'm keeping warm.
A cozy hoodie. I've been living in this Bonsoir Paris hoodie all winter long. It's soft, cozy, warm without being bulky. Paris-inspired with an athletic vibe. All my favourites.
2. A warm hat. I found this Winter Wonderland hat on wicked sale a little while ago. It's sold out now, but here's something similar. (The hoodie and hat were inspired by The Mom Edit. A blog you should absolutely check out!)
3. A faux-fur scarf. This was a Christmas gift from Rob, and I wear mine all the time. It's on sale for $9. $9!! You won't regret buying this scarf. It goes with everything and really is warm.
4. Smartwool socks. I know spending $25 on one pair of socks seems outrageous, but on the days I have to be outside for work, these socks are everything.
And I'll basically wear all of those things at the same time....
And then pour myself one of these...
5. A cup of tea. Give me a warm cup of tea, and I'm a happy lady. And tea always tastes better when it's in a beautiful mug.
6. A glass of wine. Alamos Cabernet Sauvignon is my newest favourite wine. I like big red wines and was gifted this one over the holidays as well. Now it's on high rotation in our house.
Stay warm friends! #springisontheway