1. Steam Whistle Tour - Going on a Steam Whistle brewery tour is fun for a day date. Tours run every 30 minutes between noon and 4 or 5pm everyday of the week. The tour includes generous samples (yeah!) and you can even take a six-pack home with you.
2. Mysteriously Yours Dinner Theatre - Mysteriously Yours is a mystery dinner theatre event. You actually participate in the event by asking questions of the cast to solve a mystery during the show. If traditional theatre is more your thing, then check out any of the Mirvish productions.
3. St. Lawerence Market Cooking Class - Rob and I actually did this as our Valentine's date years ago, and it was really fun. You work as part of a team to prepare a beautiful gourmet meal with professional chefs who then serve you as you enjoy your meal at the market.
4. Globe Bistro - This is our date restaurant of choice in the city. It's right on the subway line not too far from home, the food is always amazing, and the service is outstanding. I cannot recommend this restaurant enough. It also happens to be the bar of choice for my work when we're looking to squeeze in a happy hour drink before the weekend.
5. Dinner and VIP Movie - I previously declared my love for VIP theatres, but it is absolutely the best way to see a movie on a date. You can have a really lovely dinner right there and a drink or two during the movie. It's also age of majority only if you want to avoid hanging with teenagers beside you on your movie date.
6. Snakes and Lattes - This is an amazing board game café. It's massive and has, quite literally, thousands of different board games to choose from, as well as the staff to teach them to you. It is always packed. Go early. For their 19+ location, check out Snakes and Lagers. Both in the west end, but well worth the trek for us east enders.
7. The Real Escape - Rob and I haven't yet tried the "escape the room" date, but they are popping up everywhere, so there must be something to them. It's definitely next on my 'date night ideas' list.
8. ROM Friday Night Live - Every spring and fall, the ROM hosts adult-only Friday night events. They open many of the galleries and you can purchase drinks and food on site. The main floor has a dance floor, there are different DJs playing in different galleries, and it's a whole lot of fun! Buy tickets in advance. The line at the door is crazy long.
So, there you go! When we pin down our babysitter and actually turn off Netflix, this is what Rob and I get up to. Any other date nights you love in the city that we should try?