|I love you buddy, but I got take care of mama too! xo|
2. Earth Mama Angel Baby Mama Bottom Balm - I used this balm to help heal my episiostomy. It was cooling and also helped with any post-partum hemorrhoids. This company is wonderful because they focus on creating products for mamas and babies that are gentle and natural which is exactly what my body needed right after giving birth.
3. Earth Mama Angel Baby New Mama Bottom Spray - I have no idea if this spray did anything to help the healing after birth but it smelled and felt nice so I liked it.
4. Tucks - I went through one box of these during the post-partum recovery days. Soaked in witch hazel, they were another key item to have in stock after birth.
5. Betaderm - I may get a little heat on this one, but I'm putting it out there in case it helps someone. About a week after S was born, I got PUPPS. Imagine the worst, burning, itchy body rash ever covering your arms, legs, and stomach. PUPPS affects about 5% of pregnant women, and you can read how my cousin-in-law dealt with PUPPS while pregnant here. I was the lucky one who got this after Seb was born which, according to my dermatologist, is extremely rare (and the last thing I had energy to deal with having a newborn at home). He prescribed Betaderm. It finally offered me relief, and I was still able to nurse while using it. (I am starting to recover from it in the pic above, but if you look closely, you can still see a bit of how this rash had covered my arms).
6. Water, snacks, and a Kobo or Kindle - These three items were essential while nursing!
7. Sleep - I spoke a bit about how I struggled with the lack of sleep post-partum here. I know it's hard, but without a doubt, sleep is something that will help your body, and mind, heal after giving birth. Do what you can to try and get some sleep.
What would you add to this list?